Don't Hang Up on Us
New York consumers are already frustrated with the current state of phone service: hidden fees, endless service waits, unpredictable phone-line quality. Language included in the New York state budget would permanently surrender the state's right to regulate internet and cable telephone service. If this language stays in the budget there would be:
- No protection from higher rates for consumers
- No protection from poor service for frustrated customers
- No guarantee of universal “lifeline” access for senior, disabled or lower-income consumers
- No guarantee of service quality
- No guarantee for access for customers in remote and rural areas
Use our simple tool to write to your New York state legislators today to ask them to get this language out of the budget.